I can hardly believe it, but as I am writing this, we have only four days left in the 2015 TLT Symposium Request for Proposals. The deadline for submission has been extended is Friday, Dec. 5th. The Program Committee has been working hard to put together a great event, and people like you offering breakout sessions about your great work are a huge part of it.

So, if you’re on the fence about submitting, or need a little motivation to get moving and get submitting, let me answer a very basic question: why submit a proposal? Well, for one, it won’t take up that much of your time. We’ve made the submission process as simple as possible.

Also, by presenting a breakout session at the TLT Symposium you have the opportunity to share your story and tell more than 400 of your peers about all the amazing things you are doing in educational technology at Penn State.

There are lots of other reasons to submit a proposal; including raising your visibility as an expert in higher education, adding presenting at a major conference to your CV, meet potential future collaborators, and also, impress your department head/dean/provost by being budget conscious by presenting at a free event. I’m sure you also have other, more personal motivations.

But really, I’m going to go back to what I said in the first paragraph…we can’t put on the best possible TLT Symposium without you and your story. So take the first step in telling it by submitting a proposal at http://symposium.tlt.psu.edu/proposals/.